The Crozon Peninsula...A Traveller's Dream



Bonjour tout le monde !

Sand as fine as powder, crystal blue water and gentle breezes...no, our location isn't the French Riviera...Today our French journey will take us to Crozon in the Finistere province of Brittany in the north-west of France.

The Crozon Peninsula extends far into the sea, very few places can boast blue waters and floral coasts that reach such heights of charming beauty.

Let's discover together this small and alluring little village mes chers lecteurs...


The most remarkable thing about Crozon is the beautiful and colourful vegetation along the coast. A natural floral arrangement of pinks, purples, yellows and greens dramatically contrasting with the blue of the sea...simply stunning ! 

I completely understand why many painters choose Crozon as the inspiration for their art. This little town at the extreme west of Europe offers an infinity of possibilities for all these artists and creators.


The one place I can't miss when I'm in a little town by the seaside is la criée (the fish markets).  A little tip...the best time of day to check out la criée is when all the marins (fishermen) come back from hours and hours of fishing, on their little boats which are full of fresh and succulent ocean delights.

I have always had a fascination for marins...what poetry to share their life between the earth and the ocean. Waking up before the sun and braving the sea through winds, tides and magical sea storms that somehow never make it ashore.


Alors, back to business...like I said, I wouldn't miss the market for the world. I love the ambiance, all the laughter, the harmonious hum of people chattering away and the vendors promoting their freshly acquired fruits of the sea (as we say in French "fruits de mer") at the top of their lungs !

My favourite part is observing (and tasting) their catch of the day. The endless array of produce: poisson, langoustine, moules....an infinity of delicacies ! This is still one of the very few places where you can try the produce before you buy it. I must confess, I wasn't shy trying their fresh oysters and prawns.


After all this excitement, taste tests and ambiance, it was time to get back to the wild side and enjoy some beers while sitting on the beach absorbing the sound of the crystal blue waves crashing on the soft sand of Crozon.

Just after I thought my day couldn't get any better, I found this delicious selection of beers from Brittany by La Brasserie des Abers. These guys even have their own brand of cola called Breizh Cola how cool is that !!!


My wonderful friends, our French adventure to Crozon has reached the end, I must return from my memories of France, but I hope you enjoyed our journey. I hope you will accompany me again soon for a new experience in my journey of sharing the delights of French gastronomy and lots more ! 

bientôt !




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire