A Célébration at Chez Moi !!!

Bonjour tout le monde ! Welcome to another one of my articles featuring the best recipes around ! I am the gourmet traveller from France giving you creative dinner ideas, amazing dessert recipes, fabulous cake recipes and so much more. So get ready for some super easy recipes, great travel destinations and beautiful French food…Bon appetit !


my preciouscofessions.blogspot.com, via Dorian Ortowski, bbqcatering.com, frenchweddingstle.com, justluxe.com,  via Pearls & Grace 

Pâté, Foie Gras, Champagne et Caviar... Oh La La ! Célébration ! I have just booked my tickets back home to have some fun in the French summer sun... and I'm excited ! The champagne will flow like water until the early hours of the morning, oh sweet summer nights of Paris, j'adore ! When I was a child, I used to wish the summer days would never end, that the laughter and parties would continue forever. Magical memories of family and friends gathered around, beautiful and creative food, cold drinks in abundance and friends all around.

femmeactuelle.fr

Don't get me wrong, this wasn't an everyday affair...no, this was special occasions, soirées to celebrate the gift of life, strong friendships and the gathering of family on hot summer nights. There was always an abundance of foie gras creatively worked into the food, pâté that never ended, caviar topped blinis with saumon fumé (smoked salmon), and (I think I'm about to blow your mind)...macarons salés (savoury macarons) as well as the usual French wine, champagne and caviar.

femmeactuelle.fr, artisans-du-foiegras.fr 

The foie gras was best with compote de fruits (fruit compote) or on little bits of baguette... All my childhood memories are flooding back to me now ! I remember my father would spend his days outside preparing the yard with tables and chairs, putting little lights around the stone façade of our home; as my mother worked around the clock preparing macarons salés ! Have you had macarons salés ? You must try them at least once...

canalblog.com, santaletchocolat.canalblog.com, laocook.com, muriele.com, hipparis.com, via Christelle Flourez    

Alors, what will I do this time, when I return to France ? Well, I will eat ! Oysters and caviar, blinis with saumon fume, truffles, truffles and more truffles ! Truffles with foie gras, truffle palmiers, truffle butter on freshly baked pain de campagne (country style bread)...


femmeactuelle.fr, edelices.com 

Did you know that one of my all time favourite things to eat is foie gras ? I loved it as a child, and I still do. Many people think that foie gras is eaten just like that, but it can be turned into so many creative bites of heaven with just a little imagination. When I was little, my mother used to make me foie gras sucettes (crumbed and fried foie gras on a little stick), she would also make them into madeleines ! What an amazing cook... I can safely say she is my inspiration for my love of French food.

femmeactuelle.fr

Well...I think I should get started packing my suitcase...and maybe take a trip down to Circular Quay to buy an "I love Australia" mug. Speaking of tea and champagne...that reminds me of a quote I read many years ago by Honore de Balzac...I hope you like it: "Great love affairs start with Champagne and end with tisane" ... Bon appetit ! A bientôt ! 

brilliantbethany.tumblr.com, bourbonandpearls.tumblr.com, thisisglamorous.com, via Glam Girl, blanchhouse.co.uk




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire